Erotic Romance Author

Until I get everything fixed with my website, mainly finding someone smarter than me to handle it...lol, this is where all the information can be found. Check back often for reviews and posts and new releases. Below on the right is a list of books and their reading order. Looking forward to sharing with everyone...:)

Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Road trip!!

My husband and I have been looking for a new camper for several weeks. I knew what floor plan I wanted. I also knew the length. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it in Tennessee. For some reason, in Tennessee, if you want 40 feet or bigger, you can find it. Anything smaller than that and it's a no go.

Apparently, Texas isn't the only state who has a saying of 'go big or go home'.

So, hubby and I had to travel all the way to Iowa and Cheyenne Camping Center to get the camper we wanted. A fabulous place by the way. I would highly recommend it if you want a camper. They even gave us a bottle of champagne..:) It's a shame we're not drinkers...lol



And they also do the walkaround in a heated warehouse. Which was perfect considering it was 18 degrees up there the day we picked it up.



The camper we were looking for was a 35 foot, super lite 5th wheel with a rear den. This is what a rear den looks like.



The reason I wanted a rear den was for one, it would seat six comfortably, but it also has opposing slides and sofas. We have two grown kids that still like to go with us and are too big for bunks, so the opposing sofas are perfect. They both make a bed, so they each have their own.

The drive home went well. We stopped halfway and camped in a Walmart parking lot. My first time to do that and other than the traffic noise, it wasn't too bad.

After getting it home, our biggest challenge was getting into the pole barn, which is where it will sleep when it's not on the road...:)






Do you know what happens when you put a camper in a pole barn with inches to spare and then hit the leveling jacks so it's level while it sits?

Massive panic!!

As the auto jacks leveled, they lifted the camper, forcing the vent cover between two rafters. It missed hitting those rafters by a half inch. We know because my brother climbed onto of the camper and crawled through the rafters to make sure there hadn't been any damage...lol

Talk about a close call! From now on, it will just sit in there unlevel. It'll be fine.

Phew! Can't wait for our first camping trip!!



No comments: