Erotic Romance Author

Until I get everything fixed with my website, mainly finding someone smarter than me to handle it...lol, this is where all the information can be found. Check back often for reviews and posts and new releases. Below on the right is a list of books and their reading order. Looking forward to sharing with everyone...:)

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Entwined Fates: Crossing the Line excerpt...

“Well, well. Speak of the devil.” Mikayla tapped Krista on the shoulder and pointed across the street.
Krista turned to see what she was talking about and immediately noticed Stefan walking toward them. Devil was right. Her whole body came alive, and she stamped down a wave of lust and yearning for something that could never be.
He looked incredible with his hair parted on the side and hanging down around his shoulders. The black slacks contoured to his slim waist and hips, but the black turtleneck, the way it stretched across his wide chest, outlining his hard pecs, brought new meaning to the words “sex appeal”.
As Stefan stopped in front of them, his gaze roamed over her in a way that made her feel naked despite her clothes. She licked her dry lips and fought the string of goose bumps that shot down her spine.
Geez, Krista, get a grip. What are you going to do, attack the man here in the street?
“What are you doing out and about?” Mikayla asked.
He puckered his lips as though he had just taken a bite of something sour, then shuddered. “I had to get out for a while. My father and Sidious are going to drive me to drink.”
Krista couldn’t stop the chuckle at the face he made, but her smile faded somewhat when she spotted Mikayla studying the two of them. Unfortunately, her friend had a way of reading between the lines—or in this case between the looks—that made her a little uncomfortable.
“Your timing is perfect,” Mikayla said as she moved all her bags to one hand. “These bags are getting heavy, so why don’t you take Krista down to the pastry shop while I load them in the hovercraft? I’ll meet you there in a few minutes.”
“Mikayla,” Krista hissed. Sudden alarm made her voice sound harsh.
“I’ll only be a few minutes.” She grabbed Krista’s bags as well and headed down the sidewalk, leaving the two of them alone.
“She could be a little less obvious.” Krista frowned at her retreating back. She couldn’t believe Mikayla was doing this. She knew how uncomfortable she was being alone with Stefan.
Stefan laughed. “Subtlety is not in her vocabulary.” Turning to look at her, he smiled. “I don’t bite, Kris. I promise.”
“What a shame,” she mumbled as she turned away to walk toward the pastry shop a half block away. When she heard Stefan chuckle the heat of embarrassment scorched her cheeks.
What on Earth made me say that?
Stefan fell into step beside her. “Did you enjoy your shopping?”
“Yes.” She turned her head in his direction, desperately wishing he would go antagonize someone else. The man had a formidable presence and an obvious sex appeal that made her uncomfortable. “You know, you really don’t have to keep me company. I can wait for Mikayla by myself.”
“Trying to get rid of me?”
She came to a stop and faced him with a smirk. “Boy, you’re quick.”
He took a small step, bringing himself closer. “If you keep this up you’re going to make me think you don’t like me.”
He was so tall she had to tilt her head back to look at him. She crossed her arms. “You mean the punch bowl over your head didn’t tip you off?”
Stefan narrowed his eyes and Krista drew in a nervous breath. Whoever thought eyes the color of gunmetal could be so sexy?
“Look, Kris, I’m not going to get into another argument with you. So let’s just make the best of this. Okay?”
She raised an eyebrow. “The best would be if you—”
Stefan put his hands on his hips, bringing his face even closer to hers. So close she could smell the hint of coffee on his breath. His lips were full, and she knew they were soft. She swallowed as she remembered the way he kissed. The cologne he wore drifted through the air and she had to stop herself from inhaling deeper.
“I mean it,” he growled. “Or would you rather I kiss you right here?”
Her heart nearly jumped from her chest. God, she would love for him to kiss her, but she wasn’t about to give him the satisfaction. “You wouldn’t dare.”
“Oh, but I would dare. That and a whole lot more.”
“Why do you do that?”
“Why? Because it drives you crazy. Admit it,” he purred, a sensual smile spreading his lips and making her heart flutter, “Deep down you want me to kiss you.”
“You’re unbelievable. What makes you think I even want you near me, much less kissing me?” she demanded.
“Why are you so flushed, Kris?” His eyes traveled down to her breasts then back to her face. “Why is your breathing so erratic?”
“Maybe because I’m angry?”
“Maybe you’re aroused.”
“Maybe you need to go to hell!” she snapped.
“Such anger.” His smooth, deep voice poured over her like honey and she trembled. “All that passion shouldn’t be wasted. It should be used for more…pleasant things.”
“Pleasant would be my hands wrapped around your neck,” she snarled as she walked past him into the pastry shop. His laughter followed close behind and she inwardly chided herself for letting him get to her.

No comments: